Wednesday 6 November 2013

The Host of Ulthur Deathfist: A Warhammer Third Edition Khorne Army


The day grows close. Early Saturday morning I shall be embarking on the journey north to Nottingham and the Wargames Foundry for Blog-Con and another game of Warhammer Third Edition. I shall be fielding my Khorne Army for the first time and have started to create the Army Roster I shall be taking with me. this includes the full background of the army, the special rules and the characters. This post will introduce to you the forces that I shall be taking and try a give a little detail about each unit.

I started this army in January in celebration of 25 years of Slaves to Darkness. Little did I know then that this would be an journey that would lead me to not only playing WFB3 with old school Citadel with a couple of like minded individuals, but with a far larger number at the Wargames Foundry under the benign gaze of Bryan Ansell himself! 

Onwards!


Ulthur 'Slambo' Deathfist - Level 25 Champion of Khorne. Army General.


Gluttonspoor - Minotaur Level 20 Champion


Pendraken Headcleaver - Level 15 Champion of Khorne with Daemonic Banner



Darklock the Disembowller - Level 15 Chaos Dwarf Champion with Ulf and Thorgrim the Howling, the mortar team.



Titus Shieldstorm - Chaos Thug Level 5 Champion (green mohican) and 7 chaos thugs. Unit known as the Shieldstormers.



Ironcron Steelsmith - Level 5 Marauder Champion and 7 chaos marauders. Unit known as the Fists of Khorne.


Dreg Horngore - Level 5 Beastman Champion and 9 beastmen. Unit known as the Flesh Hackers.



Eirik Doomaxe - Level 10 Champion of Khorne with 7 chaos warriors. Unit known as the Doomaxes.



Leif Spinesplitter - Level 10 Khorne Champion mounted on a Chaos Chariot. Second in command.

There may well be an additional unit on the day, one that I shall be keeping under wraps in case it isn't actually painted and ready for the game. I am also toying with the idea of using my undead army as Chaos Auxillaries. 

Any thoughts or comments?

Orlygg.

18 comments:

  1. What a magnificent army! I can't but despair in admiration! Khorne is pleased, no doubt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For sure bring the Undead auxiliaries along! Lets fill that table with lead! Cracking army Orlygg, it will be a privilege to GM this game.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent looking.
    Love the shields and the whole old style feel to the army.
    I especially like Gluttonspoor, looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome looking army! Amazing banner as well. Can't wait to see how the game turns out this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great stuff!
    I'm looking forward to seeing some photos of them in action.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a splendid warband ! You've got a collection of exquisite shields here !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cracking host, have fun with them this weekend. I've got some of those old beastmen lying around somewhere, I'll have to dig them out and see what I can make of them (an artistic disaster probably!).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really, really beautiful work.

    Though a 3rd ed army never looks right without at least one figure on a hex base for no apparent reason.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderfully evocative stuff, congrats on a great looking warband! (I sent you a question by email regarding the game board you used in the test game - I wonder if it got through?)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful army. I really like he 80s look upon them especially the free hands.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, Mr Orlygg - who'd have thought! A whole chaos army (well, 40-ish figures - but not 40-ish wounds!)

    Gutted that I won't be able to be there, but one day, I look forward to facing that force. Good luck with your 'secret' unit!

    Regards
    GAj

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey men !! That's what I call "A pure Old School Chaos Army".
    Bravo.

    Bye Nico.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Will be great to see these tomorrow! Looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Now that is just awesome! Wish my painting was up to that par now - and I love the shields. Going to try to emulate them for my Orcs (at least the hand painted bits!) But that is just great looking! Wish I could play that force. Hope to see more photos from your day tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just found this blog. Beautiful paint job. Really takes me back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your army looks great, I especially love your shields. Perhaps I would have finished an army if I had gone with Chaos instead of Orcs.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great looking army, very bright and colourful too ! If there is to be an official "retro" ruleset, I think unit sizes ranging from 3 to 10 models would be the way to go. I don't think I could play the game otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  18. amazing work on your chaos army.

    ReplyDelete