Monday 4 November 2013

Chaos Warrior of Khorne Standard Bearer


You may remember some time ago I embarked on an attempt to paint up a Citadelesque '80s banner. My efforts can be seen here, here and here if you are uninitiated. Well, I am happy to say that I have finally finished it and got the banner attached to a painted chaos warrior!

Here it is. There are a few little details that I am not sure of yet. The colour of the text on the banner, more white highlights on the hair of the warrior and a dulling down of the silver on the warrior's amour. Any tips?

Otherwise, I will let the pictures do the talking for once. And yes, this WILL be most definitely leading my forces at Blog-Con!


Orlygg.

8 comments:

  1. Breathtaking stuff. If I didn't know I'd have thought it a relic of the eighties. I guess that means you've succeeded!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fantastic! I must say that the bent pole bothers me a little....but it is chaos...so that shouldn't surprise me. For dulling down the silver a wash with Badab black would do it right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That banner really is something, I like the nearly hyptonic look of the eyes, you get a real touch of madness here. The skin of the ogre head is just splendid. That's it, you've just convinced me my chaos army won't be worth anything until I achieve some big standard like this one.
    Congrats on a very good model !

    (Though I agree with Blue on the bent pole, there's not much to be done about the way the hands are... and btw, twisted and distorted is just the way chaos is so I believe that's fine ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great model. I wish I could paint a freehand pic like your banner. Great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic banner - really evocative of the old school freehand art (is it me or do all the moulded plastic banners these days lack this kind of originality?). Without wanting to jump on the bent pole bandwagon, it does kind of retract from the overall look. It also looks a little thin to me. How about wrapping a sleeve of greenstuff round it and texturing it - chaotic faces, thorny branch, wood grain? It would rationalise the bentness AND reinforce the chaoticness (if those are both real words!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Quite fabulous, James, both the armour and that exquisite banner.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool banner - like the "Ö" instead of "O"
    /Hans

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sterling work! I know a lot of time and effort went into this, and the hard work has definately paid off, it looks great!

    ReplyDelete