Tuesday 5 April 2016

Pantheon of Chaos Kickstarter Goes Live! (and meets it's goal within two hours!!!)


I had a wonderful conversation with Diego Serrate (the visionary behind this project) this morning and congratulated him on the enormous success of his kickstarter. As you will have read, this exciting project was funded very quickly with all of the early-bird deals being snapped up in the first ten minutes alone! 

Not that I am surprised at all at the projects's success, considering the quality and range of the figures on offer. Their design really puts some of the more 'professional' companies' work to shame in many respects. If you have been following the project here on Realm of Chaos 80s (and I know that thousands of you have) then you will be wanting the link, won't you?

Well here it is...


I spoke to Diego about his plans for the Kickstarter:

Diego: The goal of our campaign is obviously to produce the starting miniature range, which is already quite large at 54 models - if all of the goals are unlocked! We would also like to gather funds to produce the hardback book later this year, with everything you need for single battle or campaign mode. We hope to include a wealth of other information too, with lots of background, art, bobby articles and a full colour miniatures section. 


Looking at gorgeous photographs like this makes we wonder just how good the book Diego mentions would look like!


I has been very rewarding for me to see this project develop. I am sure that many of you will recall the Antiquis Malleum project that I covered some years ago. Sadly, that effort was abandoned by the project founder but luckily, Diego managed to get his hands on the greens and artwork Tony Ackland produced. This means that Matthias Witherheart (remember him?) and his retinue will someday raid across my tabletop! 


Diego also sent me a WIP of the final Malal/Malign daemon - based on the hooked horror illustration I blogged about years ago. Other versions of the this model have been produced - though this version is clearly the better sculpt. 

So what are you waiting for?

Orlygg

13 comments:

  1. I fell in love seeing it
    Is so good!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell me about it - the Malign daemons are my favourites by far! And THAT is saying something!

      Delete
  2. Theyare so fantastic.
    Still think about how to tell my wife I spend that much money on minis...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diego has assured me that one day all of these models should be available as part of an online shop. I will pick most of them up then.

      Delete
    2. There will be if the Kickstarter goes well enough , so don't let all for the last moment guys :P

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love to back this but the conversion rates and international postage have become prohibitive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a shame. I used to buy and sell and lot of minis through the US. But as you say, not any more. A real shame.

      Delete
  5. Not a shocker to me these guys are doing some great stuff. I was actually upset that all the limited pledge options I was interested in were already gone in just 2 hours! I had to get some of that Maal goodness I'm sure I will end up spending way too much on this Kickstarter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Couldn't help and pledged at 'Collector' level ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh gods said repeatedly no more KS for a few months and them this...

    So may stunning, minis

    ReplyDelete