Saturday 21 January 2017

McDeath: Markul Grimmock


Another weekend, another opportunity to get back into the swing of things. Actually, I am fibbing a little here, as some of this model was started in the week but I managed to complete the model this morning. Having painted oodles of barbarian types over the years (and rather enjoying the theme) this C22 giant just painted itself and was a joy from beginning to end. I guess I must have spent four hours working on him once the basecolours were painted and shaded in ink. 

Of course, this model represents Een McWrecker's giant repairman in-game and is involved in the action at Dungal Hill - the fourth of the McDeath scenarios. The model was a particular bugger to get hold of as I was repeatedly outbid every time the model came up for auction. I now lack just Sandra Prangle though I do have the 'Renate' version of the sculpt, which is very similar. 


Eagle-eyed readers will no doubt have noticed the McDeath Toll House lurking in the background. At this present moment in time I just have this single model, and will need to source (or scratch build) a second one in the future. Though playing any further scenarios for McDeath is still a long way off at the rate I work, so no need to panic just yet.

Curiously, many previous gamers have chosen to mount this giant's weapon in the raised left hand. When searching for inspiration online I found several examples of the detachable weapon being placed in this way, which quite frankly made the model look rather ridiculous with its empty gripping right fist. Looking at my completed model, I like to imagine that Markul is rather proud of his ginger locks and is reaching to twiddle his golden baubles as he contemplates which stuntie he'll squish next. 

Right, off to paint once more. I have a second McDeath model on the workstation and I have challenged myself to paint him in one hour. So expect to hear from me again soon. 

Orlygg. 

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, though I have just noticed a orange blob on his bald patch that will need tidying up!

      Delete
  2. I have to say in all the years following your blog, that's the best paint job I can remember. Excellent work, especially on the flesh tones and hair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Andrew. I am really playing to my strengths with a model like this so I am glad it's been appreciated by fellow fans of little lead men.

      Delete
  3. It's an eight pack! Marvellous work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He must take gym membership very seriously, eh Michael? Thanks for the compliment.

      Delete