Sunday 24 February 2019

Citadel C18 Zombie 'Kand-Meet'



Work on my second zombie by Kevin Adams is complete, and I even had a little attempt at a shield freehand design. As with the last miniature, this figure was released in June 1986 along with a large bunch of other rotters. He had a fairly long shelf life for a zombie, and was still available in the '90s as simply 'sickle'. 

I used a similar colour scheme as before, with greater use of silver metallics to paint up his rusted armour. For this I based everything in Foundry's Chainmail A, washed the lot with layers of brown and black ink before highlighting up with the remaining shades in the triad. Obviously using the lightest tone to pick out a few details on the edges of the breastplate and raised areas of the tattered chainmail. 


As you may be able to spot from this photograph, my eyes were really playing me up when I was trying to paint the teeth and this side of the model looks a bit gappy. But I am happy he is finished. Painting the shield design wasn't as hard as I was expecting. To be honest, I was a little worried about how things would turn out but if anything, I rushed through things as I enjoyed it so much. In hindsight, I should have waited for the layers of paint to dry thoroughly before moving on. 

You live and learn, I guess. 

I finished the shield up by carefully edging the rim with bright silver. 

All in all, a nice little model, if a little rank and file in style. 

Orlygg

12 comments:

  1. Those Kev Adams zombies are great, and a good choice of you're have steadiness and/or vision problems. They're very forgiving and washes work well on them. Plus you can always hide any mistakes with liberal application of gore and others bodily fluids!

    Also, that skull came out great! I wish I could freehand one that well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrew. The painting process you describe is exactly why I chose undead as a starting point. Great minds and all of that! (:

      Delete
  2. Bravo for the beautifull colours!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely zombie, so much character.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to see you back, I hope you are on the mend now. I have a few of those skeletons somewhere that need a re paint!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go on and paint them - you know you want too! (;

      Delete
  5. Lovely work on this zombie and good to have you back!
    Your work and your blog inspired me to return to my old lead. I started to complete collecting my 3rd Edition Dark Elves army while painting my remaining 4th Edition stuff. I documented my progress in a blog as well: https://georcs-workbench.blogspot.com/
    Thank you so much for the inspiration and motivation for these projects which brings me so much joy. Keep up your excellent work and my best wishes for your recovery. Kind Regards from Germany,
    Georg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad that this humble blog has been of some use, GeOrc. I have had a look at your blog and was impressed with your Dark Elf collection. I had a go at painting up a Witch Elf as a result. Let's just say, my painted models are NOT as good as yours ):

      Delete
  6. Maybe a cherubic halfling face on the shield in a bit of contrasting humor?

    ReplyDelete
  7. ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A PROFESSIONAL HACKER ONLINE❓HAVE YOU LOST YOUR MONEY TO SCAMMERS💵? OR DO YOU WANT TO CATCH YOUR CHEATING SPOUSE🚻? AND LOTS MORE ! THEN TRY DCLEAKS INC. WHERE EVERY REQUEST ON HACKINGS ARE SOLVED.

    DCLeaks was created in June, 2016. It consists of a group of GREY HAT HACKERS and is an affiliate to Russian based hacking organisations such as Evil Corp and Fancy Bears. We have our interest focused on fighting online scam and exposing cheating/corrupt individuals through the efforts of our qualified Hackers who are recruited and registered. We do this by making sure that our clients get the best services on a basis of PAYMENT AFTER JOB SERVICE✔️. You can test run and make sure that the job is done before payment is made.
    Our Customer service is 💯 guaranteed as we have received over 10,000 TESTIMONIES from all over the world and we offer one of the best Hacking services in the world.🌎

    Other services that we offer are listed below:
    ◾️Social media account
    hack (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snap chat etc).✔️
    ◾️Recovery of Lost Funds to Scammers (Binaryoptions scam, bitcoin scam and romance scam).💵💰✔️
    ◾️Android and iPhone hack.📱✔️
    ◾️Cryptocurrency wallet repairs✔️
    ◾️Data base hack.💻✔️
    ◾️Credit card debt clearing.💳✔️
    ◾️Credit score upgrade.✔️
    ◾️E-mail hack.📬✔️
    ◾️Website hack.📡✔️
    ◾️Other Computer hacking related Jobs.
    Your Satisfaction is our Pride!
    For more information about DCLeaks, check DCLeaks (Wikipedia).

    CONTACT:
    ✉️ Worldeaglehackers@gmail.com
    Direct messages.
    +14433474376

    DCLeaks Inc.
    Copyright©️2021. All rights reserved®️
    Terms and Conditions apply.

    ReplyDelete