Sunday 12 March 2017

Finally, images of the unreleased MARAUDER Bloodthirster!


Unless you have been living under a rock, you'll know all about the mysterious eBay seller named fsfminiatures and his spectacular collection. Over the last couple of months this individual has been slowly selling off a veritable wonderland of old lead, including a large number of extremely rare (ney, near mystical) vintage figures.

Nuln Spearman?  

Check 

Combat Card Dwarf Wizard?

Check

Though not really the remit of this blog, which is focussed on the collecting, painting and gaming of original released 1980s Citadel, I thought this worthy of record. We knew that Marauder produced a series of metal greater daemons and even have the serial numbers: MM95/1 Greater Daemon of Khorne and MM95/2 Greater Daemon of Tzeentch. 

The Greater Daemon of Tzeentch produced by Marauder was a lesser well known model that turns up occasionally (I assume it saw a period of general release) and I have a couple of examples in my collection. Sodemons carries a painted example by ex-'Eavy Metal luminary, Steve Mussared.

But the Khorne daemon had remained a total mystery, at least to me. Sodemons carries no photograph of the model to this day and the eBay listing posted this week, may well be the first sight anyone has had of the model in the collecting world. And like the original released Citadel model, the daemon comes in multiple pieces. 


In my opinion, the Marauder Greater daemons are just not as good as the Citadel originals, which (I assume) is why they never made it to wider release. Still, it is fascinating to finally get a glimpse of one of the more allusive models in the old school Warhammer pantheon. With bidding at £39.00 as the time of writing (with over 5 days still to go) it will be interesting to see how much this extremely rare model will fetch. With the Nuln Spearman and the Dwarf Wizard fetching 4 digit amounts it makes me wonder if the previously unknown model will reach the same dizzy heights!

Before I disappear back into the myriad whirls and eddies of the warp, I will also share this little delight, which proves that not all exciting, unreleased models need to be massive, multiple part affairs. Fsfminiatures has also just listed this lovely hamburger eating dwarf. 


Here is the full site address for fsfminiatures if you are interested in watching this sale develop or fancy a flutter on one of the lots. And just so you know, I do NOT know the identity of the seller nor am I in contact with him or her in anyway. The purpose of this post is merely to comment on the appearance of a previously unknown model's appearance and to direct interested enthusiasts or collectors towards the eBay listings.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/fsfminiatures2016?_trksid=p2056016.l2559

Orlygg

8 comments:

  1. Very interesting...the hits just keep coming with this guy!!! Though I'm more of a Marauder fanboi than you James, I have to agree that the greater Deamons are just not up to snuff IMO. I recently sold my copy of the Marauder LoC...and I wasn't sorry to see it go. The LoC of my dreams are those of Pete Taylor...and the Marauder one just couldn't possibly look as good. ...back to my rock I go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, some have suggested that the seller is Alan Merrett but he has publicly confirmed that this seller is nothing to do with him. I suspect its a long time Citadel collector shifting his collection after many years. Sellers like this often find their lots reach a premium as the other hardcore collectors get wind of the sales. Oldhammerers are, in my view, a different breed to these types.

      Delete
  2. Ha Marauder, another peculiar GW arrangement. Aly and Trish upstairs while Flame was downstairs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, Flame! How I used to love Marienburg!

      Delete
  3. Wow, 265 pounds for that unreleased genestealer hybrid. I just found the painted picture in WD 120. Awesome, I had assumed it was a really well done conversion. Some of these prices are insane, although I wish I had seen the Ork Warphead that sold for 22, i'd have bid on that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, prices seem high - but go look at coin collecting or a dozen other interests, and you'll see that there are plenty of other hobbies out there where people are prepared to pay a great deal of money for things!

      Delete
    2. Yes, certainly I didn't mean it as a slight on those who would be willing to pay such prices. If you have the money and it's a mini that you just have to have for your collection, well.. why not? Especially as you may not get the opportunity again.

      Delete
    3. I'd much rather see very high prices for choice models via a bidding system than ridiculous BIN offers on eBay anyday!

      Delete