Sunday 8 July 2012

Warhammer 3rd Edition Opponent Finder! Terrible Plug!

I am sure that Skarsnik the lazy, as I now dub him, will not mind me plugging his excellent idea for an online map and opponent locator thingy on his blog.

It a really good idea actually. A simple map. Some virtual pins and you can quickly gauge where the nearest leadhead to you resides. I was rather surprised to find that Erny, erstwhile Games Master and thoroughly good egg, only lives about an hour up the road from me!

As for Orlygg? I have spent the last few days at the hospital with my wife. On Friday she gave birth to a daughter; Alys Ellen! She was admitted for several days, so I have done little but drive up and down the A131 to visit her and look after the B.O.J. Still managed to get some paint on lead though, as I've been working away on my Rogue Trader Orks, in between nappy changes and feeds that is.

Anyway, here's the link to Skarsnik's excellent resource!

http://skarsnikandoldlead.blogspot.co.uk/p/wfb-3rd-edition-opponent-finder.html

Who's living near you then?

Orlygg!

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the birth of your daughter, Orlygg!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations - glad everyone is doing well!

    As for the opponent finder - seems a bit lonely up North!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Orlygg!

    Now you can see how few of us are actually out there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, but its a lot more than a year ago when I started out with Warhammer Third again!

      Delete
  4. Skarsnik the lazy? Harsh but fair.

    Actually, not even harsh, just fair.

    Anyway congrats on the new arrival, just 10 years or so until she's old enough to play a game of WFB with you ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations to all your family, a girl huh? Something infinitely more perplexing and complicated than all those RoC tables to get your head round. I predict less painting in your future, but for very good reasons.

      Delete
  5. Congratulations to both you and your wife!

    I've finally sorted myself out and added to the opponent finder but its looking rather empty in Scotland!

    All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! an exciting...and exhausting...time I'm sure. Enjoy your new replacement unit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thought I would take the plunge. This site has been quite an inspiration. And will be posting my info onto the oppenent finder.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! I have 2 of those B.O.Js after a while you get used to the feeling of sleep deprivation...
    It's all worth it!

    ReplyDelete