Wednesday 8 August 2018

Three Ex-Citadel F3 Barbarians re-released by Wargames Foundry


Today's post brings to you the first three re-released barbarians from Wargames Foundry fully painted up. I worked on these models on and off yesterday and got them completed this morning. Again, it seems that my camera skills are a little rusty but I managed to get a suitable shot earlier this afternoon. I am sure I will get the knack once again soon. 

I painted this trio as a group of models. As you can see they share a common theme of colours - my barbarian favourites; flesh, bronze, leather and red. I used layering a great deal to build up the skin tones and washes and highlighting for the chainmail. Everything else was achieved with a simple edge highlight. 

I plan to use the ten new models released last Friday to provide another unit for my barbarian warband/McDeath forces. I will probably dig out a couple of other figures from my collection to bring the number up to twelve (including a bannerbearer) but there is plenty of time for me to become distracted by something else.


One of the models has a shield on his back. I added the spot colour of blue to give a little variation in tone (the central figure has a blue semi-precious stone on his headband, but that is a little sun bleached) and used streaking to make the face of the shield look like painted wood. 

These were fun models to paint and being different enough to ensure that I didn't get bored. I hate to feel like I am painting an army of identical troops, you see. I plan to finish off the two other barbarians I have based up before trying my hand at some of the re-released old Citadel fighters later on in the week. I plan to use those ten figures as a unit too, most likely for McDeath if they fit in well enough - Donaldbane's troops perhaps? 

More soon.

Orlygg

11 comments:

  1. They look great. I’ll have to pick them up next time I make it down to foundry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ian, I believe they are available on the Foundry Website now.

      Delete
  2. Very nice. Mate, great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're camera skills are better than mine...

    I keep forgetting to switch off the flash feature on my Galaxy S3.:-( What do you think of Light boxes, such as this one? https://www.amazon.com/Portable-Photography-Shooting-Cellphone-Backdrops/dp/B07DQPPVSN/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I much prefer natural light for photographing my models. No fuss - just weather permitting! (;

      Delete
  4. OOPs. Your not you're...

    On a related note, aside from photos for backdrops, have you ever used plain colored backdrops and which one(s) would you recommend? The linked light box comes with 6 colors, but other than white, I'm not certain about the others - who takes pics with a red or yellow background?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I make my own backdrops. Hi-Res images printed off on a photocopier and backed onto card.

      Delete
  5. https://www.crossfitinvictus.com/blog/morning-stretch-routine-wake-like-dog/

    ReplyDelete